UM-Flint Formalizes Reverse Transfer Agreements with Three Community Colleges

Share or print this article
Once credits have been officially transferred, the community college will award the associate’s degree to the student.

Students transferring to the University of Michigan-Flint from Mott Community College, Delta College, or St. Clair County Community College can transfer credits earned at UM-Flint back to their community college to finish an associate's degree.

Once credits have been officially transferred, the community college will award the associate's degree to the student.

The reverse transfer agreements were recently signed to comply with a new state directive that requires all public four-year schools to have the transfer agreements in place by January 1, 2013.

"What we have now is a formal process for identifying these students, contacting them, and alerting them to the option of transferring the credit hours and completing their credentials at the community college," said Karen Arnould, UM-Flint Registrar.

The transfer students who fit predefined criteria (45 hours at the community college and 25 hours at UM-Flint) will be sent emails once a year, and sent the link to a specific transcript request form used for reverse transfers.

Arnould worked with Lee Cruppenink, assistant admissions director for transfer recruitment, and Chris Waters, associate provost and dean of undergraduate studies, on securing the agreements.

Contact University Communications & Marketing with comments, questions, or story ideas.